UPDATE: Infant burned in fire at Chattanooga duplex, fire believed accidental
UPDATE: Chattanooga Fire Department officials say a duplex fire that sent an infant to a hospital on Tuesday morning appears to be accidental.
It happened shortly after 12:00 p.m. in the 700 block of Curve Street.
CFD spokesperson Lindsey Rogers says crews arrived at the duplex to find heavy smoke coming from the right side.
Rogers says the residents, a mother, father and two children, got out of the unit, but an infant received minor burns. The baby was taken to a hospital for treatment.
Rogers says it took about 70 minutes to put out the fire.
Investigators believe the fire started in a bedroom.
The fire caused extensive damage to the unit.
The investigation is ongoing.
Stay with the WRCB app for updates to this story.
PREVIOUS STORY: An infant suffered minor burns and was taken to a local hospital Tuesday after a house fire on Curve Street in Chattanooga.
Chattanooga Fire Department was dispatched about 12:10 p.m. to the 700 block of Curve Street in North Chattanooga, where they found heavy smoke coming from the unit on the right side of the duplex.
CFD isn't sure where the fire started in the home or the cause, but firefighters were able to extinguish the fire which had spread to the dwelling's attic.
Currently, crews are monitoring hot spots. They were also able to protect the unit on the other side of the duplex.
The affected unit suffered extensive damage, according to the CFD.