Restaurants not showing much improvement in follow up inspections
In this week's Restaurant Report Card, there are no failures but for one eatery in Bradley County, the health inspector has requested a closure letter.
Willie's located on North Lee Highway in Charleston received 73 on a follow-up visit. The inspector reports that the person in charge did not demonstrate food safety knowledge. Good hygienic practices were not being used and the handwashing sinks were not properly supplied. The cooling process for food was not followed nor was food at the correct temperature or dated. Chemicals were not properly labeled or stored. The inspector also noticed several live roaches in the kitchen area and said the kitchen has not been cleaned as discussed at routine inspection. The inspector also observed heavy heavy accumulation of food debris and build-up on floors, walls, and equipment and a new water leak in the kitchen ceiling.
Willie's isn't the only dining establishment with a pest problem. The I-Hop on Freedom Place in Cleveland received an 86. The inspector saw evidence of insects, rodents, or animals at the restaurant. Food was not at the correct temperature and contamination was not prevented during food preparation, storage, and displaying of the food. The entire building needed cleaning including prep tables and utensils. The building does not have adequate ventilation or lighting and permits and inspection reports were not posted.
In Catoosa County, the Hardee's on Battlefield Parkway scored a 74. The inspector noticed opened packages of food not stored correctly or over cooked food. Raw food was stored over cooked food. The time allowed for food to be left out was not in accordance with Georgia's health rules and regulations.
In Hamilton County, Seoul on Perimeter Drive scored an 82. The inspector reports the staff did not know about dating and labeling food. They were using the hand sink to wash fish and raw food was stored over cooked food.
Rembrandt's Coffee House on High Street received an 85. The reasons for the score, no guidelines for preventing foodborne illness risk factors at the time of inspection. Proper cooling methods were not used to properly and adequately cool foods nor were food dated.
The Vallarta Taqueria on Walnut Avenue in Dalton scored an 88. The health inspector observed the cook preparing food and not wearing hair restraint. The restaurant had not posted their most recent health inspection report, an old report was on public display. The restaurant was also missing other signs required by the health department. Equipment was improperly stored. Maintenance needs to be done inside the restaurant.
- 82 Seoul 6231 Perimeter Drive
- 85 Rembrandt's Coffee House 204 High Street
- 87 Los Potros 9408 Apison Pike
- 92 Rice Boxx 3600 Hixson Pike
- 93 Olive Garden Restaurant 2200 Hamilton Place Blvd.
- 94 Bones Smokehouse 7601 East Brainerd Road
- 95 Mexi Wing IX 6925 Shallowford Road
- 95 Rib And Loin 5946 Brainerd Road
- 95 The Big Chill and Grill 103 Cherokee Blvd.
- 96 2503 Station Grill 2503 Westside Drive
- 97 Number One Chinese Restaurant 4011 Brainerd Road
- 97 Chick-Fil-A 5830 Brainerd Road
- 97 Olive Garden 5525 Highway 153
- 97 Hennen's 193 Chestnut Street
- 97 Burger King 6236 Lee Highway
- 97 Jack Browns Beer & Burger Joint 818 Georgia Avenue
- 97 Papa Johns 6210 Hixson Pike
- 98 Ichiban Japanese 5035 Hixson Pike
- 98 Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill 2225 Gunbarrel Road
- 98 Taco Bell 3210 Cummings Highway
- 99 Tony's Pasta Shop 212 High Street
- 99 Fresh Burger Grill 6306 Highway 58
- 99 Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers 205 Broad Street
- 100 Public House 1110 Market Street
- 100 The Meeting House 3912 Dayton Blvd.
- 100 Scottie's Diner 8855 Dayton Pike
- 100 Hardee's 9398 Reco Drive
- 73 Willie's 7701 N. Lee Hwy., Charleston Follow-Up
- 86 IHOP 4323 Freedom Pl, Cleveland Follow-Up
- 90 Chanchito's 715 Lang St., Cleveland Follow-Up
- 95 Little Caesar's 867 Keith St, Cleveland Follow-Up
- 95 McDonald's 2365 APD-40 Byp, Cleveland Follow-Up
- 96 Tacos El Cunaol Mobile Unit S. Lee Hwy., Cleveland Follow-Up
- 98 Hardees-Paul Huff 110 Bernham NW. Dr., Cleveland
- 100 Inn on the Greenway Kitchen 1411 Stuart Ave., Cleveland
- 88 Vallarta Taqueria Inc. 801 E. Walnut Ave., Dalton
- 90 Pizza Hut 1505 W Walnut Ave., Dalton
- 90 Tacos Y Guisados, 101 W. Walnut Ave., Dalton
- 91 Crescent City Tavern 324 S. Depot St., Dalton
- 91 Retro Bowl 302 Red Cross Dr., Dalton
- 93 Centro De Bienestar 2705 Airport Rd., Dalton
- 93 McDonald's 142 Carbondale Rd., Dalton
- 94 Walnut Hill Farm 800 Lee Bryant Rd., Dalton
- 94 Subway 142 Carbondale Rd., Dalton
- 95 Fortune Cookie 801 E Walnut Ave., Dalton
- 96 Checkers 502 Liberty Sq., Dalton
- 96 Schlotzsky's Deli 1325 W.Walnut Ave., Dalton
- 97 Burger King 1512 W. Walnut Ave., Dalton
- 74 Hardee's 1086 Battlefield Pkwy, Fort Oglethorpe
- 91 Cottage Treasure's Tea Room 170 Cleveland St., Ringgold
- 91 Ming Moon Chinese Restaurant 2467 LaFayette Rd., Fort Oglethorpe
- 91 Cook Out Battlefield Pkwy, Fort Oglethorpe
- 93 Las Fiesta, Inc. 110 Kristin Dr., Ringgold
- 95 Steak & Shake 1182 Battlefield Pkwy, Fort Oglethorpe
- 96 Papa John's Pizza 1537 Battlefield Pkwy, Fort Oglethorpe
- 96 Bojangles 2051 Battlefield Pkwy, Fort Oglethorpe
- 96 Arby's 66 Poplar Springs Rd., Ringgold
- 96 Burger King 5865 Alabama Hwy, Ringgold
- 96 Home Plate 7807 Nashville St. Ringgold
- 99 Domino's 1010 Battlefield Pkwy, Fort Oglethorpe
- 99 Pruitt Health 1067 Battlefield Pkwy, Fort Oglethorpe
- 100 BBQ Shack 2936 Lafayette Rd., Fort Oglethorpe
- 100 Five Star Food Service 248 Rollings Industrial Ct., Ringgold
- 100 Catering by Alan 146 Hunt Dr., Rossville
- 96 Subway 650 Hwy 2999, Wildwood
- 96 Rafael's Italian Restaurant 13473 N Main St., Trenton
- 91 Bojangles 1119 N. Third Ave., Chatsworth
- 92 Pop's Place 5338 Highway 76, Chatsworth
- 93 Paul's Drive-In 3231 Highway 411 N, Chatsworth
- 93 Saucey Bones BBQ 1109 N Third Ave., Chatsworth
- 93 McDonald's 1047 N Third Ave., Chatsworth
- 100 Subway 401 S Third Ave., Chatsworth
- 94 The Crushed Tomato 111 E. Lafayette Sq., LaFayette