Chattanooga firefighters were called to an apartment fire off East Brainerd Road on Tuesday.

It happened shortly after 5:00 p.m. at Reserve at Creekside in the 1300 block Reserve Way.

CFD spokesperson Lindsey Rogers says visible flames were initially reported but were put out by the sprinkler system by the time crews arrived.

Rogers says resident said she had put a pot with oil on her stove and fell asleep.

The resident and her pets were able to escape without being hurt.

Rogers says maintenance technician who went to check on the situation at the apartment suffered minor smoke inhalation.

Rogers says the damage to the apartment was minor.

Stay with the WRCB app for updates to this story.