Chattanooga Crime Stoppers to host fundraiser to support local law enforcement
Chattanooga Crime Stoppers will host a fundraiser to continue assisting law enforcement in stopping crime across the region.
The "Jail & Bail" fundraiser will include activities such as a dunk tank, "Kiss a Cop" booth, CSI activities and more.
People will also have the opportunity to meet elected officials during a "behind bars" fundraiser game, where people can "bail" the officials out of jail using donations. The elected officials participating are:
- Tennessee State Senators Todd Gardenhire and Bo Watson
- Tennessee Representatives Mike Carter, Yusuf Hakeem, Patsy Hazlewood, Esther Helton and Robin Smith
- Hamilton County Mayor Jim Coppinger
- Hamilton County District Attorney General Neil Pinkston
- Hamilton County Public Defender Steve Smith
- Hamilton County Sheriff Jim Hammond
- Hamilton County Sheriff Deputy Sheriff Austin Garrett
- Chattanooga Assistant Police Chief Glenn Scruggs
- Bradley County Sheriff Steve Lawson
- Hamilton County Juvenile Court Clerk Gary Behler
“Chattanooga Crime Stoppers is an effective organization in aiding law enforcement to stop crime and prevent misconduct,” said Hamilton County Mayor Jim Coppinger. “The Jail & Bail Fundraiser is an excellent opportunity for Hamilton County to offer their support toward a great cause, and I am looking forward to playing my part in this event, even if it will be ‘behind bars.’”
The fundraiser is taking place on October 18 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m at the Waterhouse Pavilion.