Road closures for Signal Mountain Homecoming Parade Thursday evening
As Signal Mountain High School celebrates with their Homecoming Parade Thursday night, residents can expect some road closures and traffic changes to keep everyone safe.
Signal Mountain police say the traffic on several local roads will be affected from approximately 5:45pm until 7:00pm.
The primary parade route will be along Ridgeway Avenue northward to Taft Highway.
- Affected roads include:
- Ridgeway Ave – will be closed to northbound traffic at Laurel Street.
- Laurel Street – will be used to detour traffic over to James Blvd.
- Rolling Way – from Ridgeway Ave. to James Blvd. will be closed to thru traffic during the above times. Rolling Way will be reopened as soon as the parade passes that area.
- James Blvd. – from Laurel Street northward to Taft Hwy will be used as part of the detour route.
- Albert Road – will be open to traffic traveling to James Blvd. only. No traffic will be allowed to enter Taft Hwy from Albert Rd. Vehicles traveling south on Taft Hwy should use Miles Rd. to access James Blvd. James Blvd can be accessed directly from Taft Hwy.
- Miles Road – from James Blvd. to Ridgeway Ave./Taft Hwy will be used as part of the detour route. When leaving Miles Road and entering Taft Hwy. All vehicles must turn left (northbound) during the time of the parade.
- Taft Highway – will be closed to southbound traffic at Albert Road. All traffic should take Miles Road in order to bypass the parade. Parade vehicles will be using Albert Road during the above times.
Narrow Bridge Ln, Rolling Way, Cauthen Way, Hampton Rd, Ault Rd, Barrington Rd, and Shoal Creek Falls – will not be able to enter onto Ridgeway Ave./Taft Hwy. while the parade is in the immediate area.
After the parade passes these intersections traffic must proceed Southbound on Ridgeway/Taft until Ridgeway and Taft are reopened.
All of the above changes are only in affect during the parade. Traffic signs will be posted along the detour route.
There will be Signal Mountain Police Officers and other volunteers along the parade route to assist with traffic issues.
The Recycle Center will close at 5:30pm.