PHOTOS: Careless smoking apparent cause of fire at Hixson Steak ‘n Shake
The Chattanooga Fire Department responded to a small fire at Steak ‘n Shake on Hixson Pike on Monday evening.
CFD spokesperson Lindsey Rogers says it appears the fire started by a discarded cigarette that spread to surrounding mulch and then to the building.
The fire was quickly extinguished and there was no damage to the inside of the restaurant.
CFD crews used a fan to ventilate the restaurant.
Rogers says it will be reopening for business soon.