Woman dreamed about eating engagement ring — woke up to find she really did
On Tuesday, Jenna Evans was on a high-speed train that was racing down the tracks, her fiancé by her side, when some "bad guys" appeared, she said.
There was only one way to protect her 2.4 carat diamond engagement ring — swallow it. So that's what Evans did.
"I popped that sucker off, put it in my mouth and swallowed it with a glass of water," Evans said in a Facebook post.
Then she woke up.
Evans was relieved on Wednesday morning that the whole episode had just been a vivid, bizarre dream. That is, until she realized her engagement ring was no longer on her finger.
Evans — who has a history of sleepwalking — soon realized that while the "bad guys" and the high-speed train had all been her snoozing subconscious, the consumption of her engagement ring was not.
"On Wednesday morning, I realized my ring was not on my hand and had to wake (my fiancé) up and tell him that I swallowed my engagement ring," Evans wrote. " ... We laughed pretty hard for about an hour and a half, called my mom, laughed until we were crying, googled 'do other adults swallow rings' because kids do it all the time, but apparently it's less common for adults."
Evans went to an urgent care clinic where doctors decided against letting the ring pass naturally through the 29-year-old's system, and instead referred her to a gastroenterologist.
Evans wrote that she began to cry as she signed the release forms for the upper endoscopy, fearing she would die during the procedure and not get to fulfill a different dream — marrying her fiancé, Bobby Howell.
Doctors found the engagement ring in Evans' intestines, just beyond her stomach, according to NBC 7. Evans said her fiancé returned the ring to her on Thursday.
"Bobby finally gave my ring back this morning - I promised not to swallow it again, we're still getting married and all is right in the world," Evans wrote.
Barring any further somnambulist snacking, Evans and Howell plan to get married in May of 2020.