Not keeping food at proper temps seems to be a common theme
No failures to report this week but there are several places that need some improvements with their safe food handling techniques.
In Hamilton County, the Subway at 2525 Desales Avenue received an 80. The inspector noted that the staff was not familiar with why food in the reach-in cooler is 65 degrees. The sink by the triple sink was left blocked by a cart. The sanitizer water in triple sink water was soiled. Cases of chips left directly on the floor.
The Mi Casita on 3029 Rossville Blvd received an 81. The inspector noticed the person in charge did not have sufficient food safety knowledge. The freezer was out of order, so they had to get rid of all perishable foods in the freezer. Baked beans were holding at 51*F and were prepared the day before. A low-boy unit was holding foods at 51-55*F. Three pounds of raw beef was thrown out. There was no date marking on any prepared foods that are held overnight in facility. Multiple prepared foods were left uncovered in a lowboy unit and reach-in cooler. Excessive grime build-up was found on the carpet at the kitchen entrance.
In Catoosa County, the Golden Corral at 760 Battlefield Parkway received an 80. The inspector saw employees wearing gloves while conducting multiple tasks (sanitizing surfaces, opening equipment doors, setting cook timers, and handling prepped food containers) without removing soiled gloves, washing hands, and donning new gloves prior to handling containers of prepped food and restocking serving line. Foods that had been prepped at room temperature earlier in the morning were cooling with tight-fitting lids. Several wet wiping towels were left out on food prep counters rather than inside buckets of sanitizer solution.
The Garden Grille & Bar in Whitfield County received an 80 on their inspection. There was no Certified Food Protection Manager and no proof of one on staff. Certification must be displayed. The dish machine at the bar was not sanitizing dishes. Food was not being kept at the proper temperature on the breakfast bar. No chlorine test strips were found for the bar dish machine.
The Super 8 at 911 Market Street in Dalton received an 88. Food was not being kept at proper temperatures. Also, the staff was not keeping adequate records when using time. There was no handwashing sign in the employee restroom. There wasn't a choking poster in the breakfast area.
Cold Point Ice Cream on 1273 N. Glenwood Avenue in Dalton was given an 88, with food not at proper temperatures. Cloths were left on the counters, not in sanitizing bucket.
- 89 The Garden Grille 311 Chestnut Street
- 93 Champy's 526 E M.L. King Blvd.
- 94 Southside Pizza 612 E Main Street
- 95 Haiku Hibachi 5318 Ringgold Road
- 95 St John's Restaurant 1278 Market Street
- 96 American Wings II 2316 3rd Street
- 96 Subway 6510 Ringgold Road
- 97 Sushi Nabe Japanese Restaurant 110 River Street
- 97 Waffle House # 123 6513 Ringgold Road
- 97 Shoney's #2257 2318 Shallowford Village Road
- 97 Steve's Landing 1145 Poling Circle
- 98 Ichiban Japanese Steakhouse 5621 Brainerd Road
- 98 Alleia's 25 E. Main Street
- 98 Los Potros 9408 Apison Pike
- 98 The Big Table 118 Cross Street
- 99 Moss's Place 709 Tunnel Blvd.
- 99 Mayo's 3820 Brainerd Road
- 99 Taco Town 4812 Hixson Pike
- 100 Chattanooga Salad Company 7425 Commons Blvd.
- 100 Little Tokyo Express 4516 Hixson Pike
- 100 Hibachi & Wings 6933 Lee Highway
- 100 Wendy's Hamburgers #367 6009 Ooltewah-Georgetown Road
- 100 Dominica's Caribbean Kitchen 5450 Highway 153
- 100 China Rose 9203 Lee Highway
- 90 Tacos El Gordo 400 Direct Connection Dr. Rossville
- 92 Fruteria El Gordo 400 Direct Connection Dr. Rossville
- 90 Krystal 5071 Highway 136 Trenton
- 95 Taco Bell 190 Pace Dr. Trenton
- 91 Los Amigos 604 North Third Avenue Chatsworth
- 96 Mr. Burrito Grill 318 North Third Avenue Chatsworth
- 99 Burger King 1105 North Third Avenue Chatsworth
- 100 Cohutta Springs Youth Camp 1181 Cohutta Springs Road Crandall
- 91 Phibbs Bar 96 Fieldstone Village Dr. Rock Spring
- 92 Greg's Restaurant 12560 N Hwy 27 Chickamauga
- 100 Subway Hwy 813 Unit 49 Chickamauga
- 100 McLemore Club Pavilion 58 Foundry Way Rising Fawn
- 100 McLemore Club-Turn Grill 21 Standing Bear Lane Rising Fawn
- 91 Kelly's Restaurant LLC 1700 S. Dixie Hwy SPC A Dalton
- 93 Quality Inn 875 College Dr. Dalton
- 93 Tacos El Rojo 904 S. Thornton Avenue Dalton
- 93 Cook Out Restaurant 1257 Glenwood Avenue Dalton
- 95 Taco Bell 2914 E. Walnut Avenue Dalton
- 98 La Quinta Inn & Suites 715 College Dr. Dalton
- 99 Dough Boy's Pizzeria 2642 Chattanooga Rd Rocky Face