Black bear sightings are more common this time of year
The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency says they receive more calls regarding black bear sightings in spring and early summer than any other time of year.
They say humans unknowingly attract and provide for wild animals by having bird feeders, trash, bird baths and pet food bowls with leftover food. These things can unintentionally lure bears and other unwanted wildlife closer to people.
Here are some tips from the TWRA:
- Never feed or approach bears intentionally.
- Secure food, garbage, and recycling.
- Remove bird feeders when bears are active.
- Never leave pet food outdoors.
- Clean and store away grills.