UPDATE: A man has been arrested following a high-speed chase down Interstate 75.

According to Sgt. Alan Bailey, Theonda Jerome Thorne, 19, is in custody.

"The U.S. Marshals Service contacted THP Chattanooga to be on a lookout for a silver Nissan Altima," said Bailey.

"The suspect driving the vehicle was wanted on warrant and was believed to be armed."

Bailey says a THP unit spotted the vehicle on Interstate 75 headed southbound at mile marker 33 and attempted to stop the vehicle.

"THP, along with the U.S. Marshals, Smokey Mountain Fugitive Task Force, Bradley County Sheriff’s Office, and a Chattanooga City unit pursued the suspect at speeds of 120 to 130 miles per hour," said Bailey.

The vehicle crashed near the Ooltewah exit, shutting down traffic. The road has since reopened. 

The suspect was taken into custody without incident. Bailey identifies the suspect at Theonda Jerome Thorne, 19, of Chattanooga. 

According to a spokesperson for the U.S. Marshals Service out of Knoxville, Thorn was wanted on three counts of Aggravated Robbery, Racketeering Enterprise, and Racketeering Conspiracy. That same spokesperson says Thorne is a known gang member and a firearm was recovered from his vehicle. 

Thorn, who is seen here in a previous mug shot, is due in court in Hamilton County on August 26.

PREVIOUS STORY: Interstate 75 southbound has re-opened after Friday's massive police presence near the Ooltewah exit.

PREVIOUS STORY: The southbound lanes of Interstate 75 at the Ooltewah exit are closed after what appears to be the conclusion of a chase.

Chattanooga police tell Channel 3 one person is in custody.

Dozens of law enforcement vehicles were gathered around a crashed vehicle, pointed against the typical traffic flow.

Drivers were re-routed off Interstate 75 southbound at the exit to surface streets, creating a secondary backup.

Traffic was backed up from the Ooltewah exit northward to the Scenic Overlook at the base of White Oak Mountain.

Northbound I-75 traffic is slowed by rubberneckers but is moving.