UPDATE: Kitchen fire quickly extinguished at Dunlap Sonic
A fire at Sonic Drive-In in Dunlap is caused some delays for drivers on Friday evening.
Dunlap Fire Lt. Chris Walker says a fryer in the kitchen caught fire, forcing employees to evacuate.
Lt. Walker says the fire, which has been extinguished, caused heavy smoke inside the restaurant.
Walker says police had to re-route traffic on Rankin Avenue to a nearby plaza mall while fire crews responded.
At this time, no injuries have been reported.
Walker says the fire caused minimal damage.
Members of the Dunlap Fire Department, Pikeville Fire Department and Walden's Ridge Fire Department helped with the response. Dunlap Police, Sequatchie County Sheriff’s Office, Sequatchie County Rescue Squad, and Sequatchie County EMA also assisted.
Stay with the WRCB app for updates to this fire.