Carbon monoxide detector alerts family after gas leak
A carbon monoxide detector alerted a family to a natural gas leak inside their home.
It happened around 11:52 Thursday night at a home on Dogwood Lane in Dunlap.
The Dunlap Fire Department and Dunlap Natural Gas were called to the residence where a gas leak was discovered coming from the home's on-demand hot water heater. Personnel from Natural Gas repaired the leak.
The Dunlap Fire Department is using this incident to demonstrate the need for carbon monoxide detectors inside your residence or business, especially if natural gas is being used for any reason.