UPDATE: Brainerd Rec Center reopened after Wednesday evacuation after chlorine spill
UPDATE: The Brainerd Recreation Center reopened Thursday morning after a chemical scare forced the evacuation of the building the day before.
PREVIOUS STORY: The Chattanooga Fire Department has evacuated the Brainerd Recreation Center due to a chemical scare on Wednesday afternoon.
It happened shortly after 2:00 p.m.
CFD Captain Chuck Hartung says work was being done to the facility's pool when a "splash scare" happened with chlorine.
Captain Hartung says the building has been evacuated as a precaution and crews are checking to see if the chemical poses any hazard.
No one has been hurt.
Stay with the WRCB app for updates to this story.