UPDATE: Kids playing with fireworks start house fire on N. Hickory Street
Chattanooga fire officials say a fire at a home near the Avondale community on Monday evening was started by kids playing with fireworks.
It happened around 7:20 p.m. in the 1000 block of N. Hickory Street.
Fire officials say the fire was sparked by kids who were playing with fireworks in the attic of the home.
Firefighters were able to get to the fire by putting a hole in the roof.
The people who live in the home made it out safely.
No one was hurt.
Stay with the WRCB app for updates to this story.