No failures, however raw food cross-contamination raise concerns
There were no failures to report this week. In fact, we found ten perfect scores.
This week, health inspectors say the main concerns surrounded the handling of raw food.
Taqueria Antigua Guatemala on East Main street scored an 80. Reasons included staff not familiar with the importance of washing hands between handling raw food and ready to eat food. Inspectors noted an employee did not wash their hands between handling raw chicken and handling cooked food. In addition, when they took a break to eat they reportedly failed to wash hands when they returned to the kitchen.
Other violations included food was stored directly on the floor and under the sink.
There were similar violations for Ruby Tuesday on Highway 153. They scored an 82. Employees were not properly handling raw food. Inspectors noticed a cook touching raw meat with gloves and then touching vegetables and other surfaces with those same gloves. They also lost points for a dirty microwave and for cooling tilapia and chicken at incorrect temperatures.
In north Georgia, the lowest score was an 84 at the Burger King on Battlefield Parkway. The main violations there included dirty utensils were stored with the clean dishes and dishes were stacked on shelves while they were still wet.
Remember if you have a complaint about a restaurant, pool or your gym call your local county health department.
- 80, Taqueria Antigua Guatemala, 2005 East Main Street
- 82, Ruby Tuesday, 5595 Highway 153
- 88, Church's Chicken, 3812 Brainerd Road
- 93, Mellow Mushroom, 2318 Lifestyle Way
- 94, Mammie Carlotta's Tea Room, 6725 Ringgold Road
- 94, Krystal, 6300 Ringgold Road
- 94 Boccaccia Ristorante Italiano, 3077 S. Broad Street
- 94, Home Folks Restaurant, 8981 Dayton Pike
- 94, Jack Browns Beer & Burger Joint, 818 Georgia Avenue
- 96, Wendy's, 3104 Broad Street
- 96, Marcos Pizza, 6016 Ringgold Road
- 96, Amigos Mexican Restaurant, 6830 Flamingo Lane
- 96, Captain D's Seafood, 1690 E. 23rd Street
- 97, Chick-Fil-A, 5740 Highway153
- 97, Ichiban Japanese Steakhouse, 5621 Brainerd Road
- 98, KFC-Long John Silvers, 5323 Highway153
- 98, J. Gumbo's, 5123 Hixson Pike
- 98, Choo Choo BBQ, 6410 Hixson Pike
- 99, DQ Grill & Chill, 5433 Hwy 153
- 99, Wally's, 1600 McCallie Avenue
- 99, Scottie's Diner, 8855 Dayton Pike
- 100, Domino's, 9323 Apison Pike
- 100, Bread Basket, 5023 A Hixson Pike
- 100, Zaxby's, 5013 Hixson Pike
- 100, Sourdough Cuppa Joe, 6707 Hixson Pike
- 100, Dunkin Donuts, 5024 Hunter Road
- 96, Pizza Hut Wing Street, 5454 Alabama Hwy Unit 621208 Ringgold
- 95, Long John Silvers, 2837 Lafayette Rd Fort Oglethorpe
- 84, Burger King, 831 Battlefield Pkwy Fort Oglethorpe
- 96, Logan's Road House, 2584 Battlefield Pkwy Fort Oglethorpe
- 100. 2A Wings 1014 Battlefield Pkwy Ft. Oglethorpe
- 100, Dade County Detention Center, 75 Case Ave Trenton
- 97, Wildwood Lifestyle Center & Hospital, 435 Lifestyle Ln Po Box 129 Wildwood
- 96, Wildwood Lifestyle Center & Dorm Cafeteria, 435 Lifestyle Ln Po Box 129 Wildwood
- 97, Lookout Mountain Pizza Company, 203 Scenic Hwy Rising Fawn
- 96, Waffle King, 503 G.I. Madox Pkwy Chatsworth
- 94, Key West Inn, 501 G.I. Maddox Pkwy Chatsworth
- 100, Budget Inn, 1279 Highway 411 S Chatsworth
- 94, Super 8, 613 S Third Ave Chatsworth
- 100, Corker Elementary, 1733 Leonard Bridge Rd Chatsworth
- 95, Villanow Street Bakery & Cafe 117 W Villanow St LaFayette
- 96, McDonald's, 106 Lafayette Rd Chickamauga
- 91, Farm to Fork, 8139 N Hwy 27 Rock Spring
- 99, Lafayette Health Care, 205 Road Runner Blvd LaFayette
- 92, Skate and Play, 1951 Hwy 136 E Lafayette
- 94, Westside Middle School, 580 Lafayette Rd Rocky Face
- 96, Cedar Ridge Elementary School, 285 Cedar Ridge Rd Dalton
- 100, Brookwood School, 501 Central Ave Dalton
- 99, New Hope Elementary, 1175 New Hope Rd Dalton
- 98, New Hope Middle, 1325 New Hope Rd Dalton