Local restaurants score low, but quickly learn from previous mistakes
If you're looking to eat out this Easter weekend there is some good news in this week's restaurant report card.
A popular downtown Chattanooga location failed its initial report however a re-inspection shows they made the necessary improvements. Sticky Fingers Restaurant on Broad Street originally scored a 69 during their routine inspection. Reasons included molded cheese found in cooler. Reheated pork immediately placed in a hot box before reheating. Spinach dip, dairy, and salsa all found stored at 67 degrees. Those items were thrown away.
Sticky Fingers was re-inspected this week and they now have a 94.
In north Georgia, Famous Wok on Battlefield Parkway scored a 74. Reasons included improper separation of raw and ready-to-eat foods in the walk-in cooler. Open boxes of raw chicken stored over loosely covered containers of teriyaki sauce. Containers of raw chicken were stored directly over and next to bags and boxes of uncooked vegetables.
Famous Wok was re-inspected this week and they now have a 91.
If you have something you'd like to report whether it is a restaurant, swimming, pool, hotel, or other recreational area call your local health department.
- 69, Sticky Fingers Restaurant, 420 Broad Street *Corrected to 94
- 75, Grand China, Dayton Blvd
- 79, Buffalo Shack, 1512 Tunnel Blvd.
- 89, Best Of China Restaurant, 4340 Ringgold Road
- 90, Sawasdee Thai Restaurant, 4008 St. Elmo Ave.
- 92, Little Caesar's, 10161 Dayton Pike
- 95, Einstein Bros. Bagels, 515 Vine Street
- 95, Amigo's, 3805 Ringgold Road
- 96, Thai Esan, 4330 Ringgold Road
- 96, Teriyaki House, 5908 Ringgold Road
- 96, Bojangles, 1803 East 23rd Street
- 96, Fernandos, 5308 Ringgold Road
- 97, Papa John's, 5210 Brainerd Road
- 98, First Watch, 300 Cherokee Blvd.
- 98, Pizza Bros, 501 Cherokee Blvd.
- 98, Sweeney's Bar-B-Que, 5928 Highway 58
- 99, Hardee's, 2310 E. 23rd Street
- 99, Wendy's, 9362 Dayton Pike
- 99, Dolly's Smokehouse, 1900 Reggie White Blvd.
- 99, Daved's Deli, 7639 Middle Valley Road
- 100, BBQ Andy's, 106 Karen Drive
- 74, Famous Wok, 3040 Battlefield Pkwy *Corrected to 91
- 81, Arby's, 2392 Lafayette Rd Fort Oglethorpe
- 100, Captain D's, 668 Battlefield Pkwy Fort Oglethorpe
- 96. Panera Bread, 668 Battlefield Pkwy Fort Oglethorpe
- 96, Waffle House, 11292 Hwy 41 Ringgold
- 91, Cornerstone Restaurant, 4356 S 11 Hwy Bldg Rising Fawn
- 100, Village Cafeteria, 121 S Second Ave Chatsworth
- 89, The Lookout Mountain Club, Inc., 1201 Fleetwood Dr Lookout Mountain
- 100, Chanticleer Inn, 1300 Mocking Bird Ln Lookout Mountain
- 88, McDonald's, 106 Lafayette Rd Chickamauga,
- 100, Taco Bell, 902 N Main St Lafayette
- 98, Econo Lodge, 2209 N Main St La Fayette
- 81, Kenny's Restaurant, 1022 Riverbend Road
- 85, Toyo Japan, 100 Rhythm Drive
- 86, Cherokee Brewing and Pizza Company, 207 W. Cuyler St.
- 88, McDonald's, 3898 Cleveland Highway
- 89, Teriyaki Bistro, 2113 E. Walnut Ave.
- 91, The Engine Room, 1525 Waring Road
- 91, Ann's Place, 2499 Abutment Road
- 92, Yoly's Tacos, 2505 Antioch Road
- 92, Steak 'n Shake, 1250 W. Walnut Ave.
- 92, Los Pablos, 1513 W. Walnut Ave. suite 6,
- 93, G&G's Catering, 1109 N. Hamilton St.
- 90, Domino's Pizza, 222 W. Cuyler St.
- 95. Burger Den, 2620 Chattanooga Road
- 98, The Spiced Apple, 443 Gillum Drive suite 6
- 98, Domino's Pizza, 2519 Cleveland Highway suite 14
- 98, McDonald's, 1523 W. Walnut Ave
- 100. Domino's Pizza 3591 Chattanooga Road