One failing score given in this week's Restaurant Report Card
This week's health inspections yielded only 1 failing score with the majority of scores being in the upper 90s.
Cornerstone Restaurant in Rising Fawn, Georgia received a 63 for several violations. The inspector discovered the person in charge was not knowledgeable in risk factors for food safety. There was no water going to the hand-washing sink. The owner said there was a leak and he had turned it off. The health inspector noted that this is a recurring issue. Food in the refrigerator was covered in mold and dated for February 7. Instead of heating items on the stove, employees had been using the steam table to heat up food. Numerous food items with no date mark and signs that the food has been there a long period. Food preparers had beards longer than an inch and were not wearing beard guards. Food debris was found on the bottom of the refrigerator and freezer. The inspector also saw personal and sleeping items in the restaurant to which the owner stated they live there on occasions, which is against regulations. Plus other times were found that were either not used or not working stored at the facility. The owner has until April 12 to get everything corrected.
In Hamilton County, 3 restaurants received scores in the 80s. This is not a failing grade but does require corrections to be made. Southern Squeeze Downtown on Georgia Avenue received a score of 80. The inspector discovered cockroaches in the food prep area, dirty sinks, and food debris on clean dishes. Shuford's Smokehouse scored an 81. Food items were not dated or left uncovered in the cooler, plus food was being reheated on a steam table that was not working properly. Amigo's on Ringgold Road scored an 88 due to fruit flies were seen at a weight station, unprotected food in a walk-in cooler, and unable to get paper towels out of the dispenser in the employee restroom.
In Catoosa County, the Captain D's on Battlefield Pkwy scored a 78. The health inspector discovered the inside of the ice machine was dirty and the ice scoop was being stored in an unclean area. There was food debris buildup on equipment and inside coolers and storage areas, plus the person in charge was not able to demonstrate food safety knowledge.
In Whitfield County, the Outback Steakhouse on Market St in Dalton scored an 85. The inspector saw an employee preparing food with bare hands, that food was thrown out. The inspector also noted the soda guns at the bar were not clean, food debris on cooking utensils and build-up on the fan covers in the walk-in cooler. The Fortune Cookie on E Walnut Ave in Dalton scored an 87. Raw beef had a temperature of 52F, and imitation crab was at 50F, these food items should be at 41F or below, plus open cans were put in the cooler instead of the remaining food being stored in approved containers.
As summer approaches health inspectors will also be checking out pools, and recreational facilities. The Battlefield Campground and RV Park in Ringgold scored an 86. The inspector discovered the cap removed from the sewer connection and a sewer connection leaking from a trailer to the trailer site, no pest control, no protective covers on mattresses in the cabins, hot plates and pots and pans in cabins, driveways not able to drain due to not being in good repair, and space between trailers and storage buildings less than 15 feet.
If you have something you'd like to report whether it is a restaurant, swimming, pool, hotel, or other recreational area call your local health department.
- 80 Southern Squeeze Downtown 818 Georgia Avenue, Chattanooga
- 81 Shuford's Smokehouse 3224 Dayton Blvd, Red Bank
- 88 Amigo's 3805 Ringgold Road, East Ridge
- 92 Waffle House #626 I-24 & Us 11, Chattanooga
- 94 Hardee's 2310 E. 23rd Street, Chattanooga
- 95 El Metate 3 9332 Dayton Pike, Soddy Daisy
- 96 McDonald's 2003 Dayton Blvd, Red Bank
- 97 Checker's 4348 Ringgold Road, East Ridge
- 97 McDonald's 104 Sequoyah Access Road, Soddy Daisy
- 97 Crust Pizza 3211 Broad Street, Chattanooga
- 99 Mad Priest Coffee & Cocktails Bar 719 Cherry Street, Chattanooga
- 99 Bojangles' 9375 Dayton Pike, Hixson
- 100 Moe's Southwest Grill 615 McCallie Avenue, Chattanooga
- 100 Bento Sushi 642 East 5th Street, Chattanooga
- 100 Chick-Fil-A 615 McCallie Avenue, Chattanooga
- 100 Panda Express 615 McCallie Avenue, Chattanooga
- 100 Which Wich 642 East 5th Street, Chattanooga
- 100 Subway #17807 10157 Dayton Pike, Soddy Daisy
- 78 Captain D's Seafood 668 Battlefield Pkwy, Ft Oglethorpe
- 93 Taco Bell, 5422 Alabama Hwy, Ringgold
- 92 Mike's Pizza, 2535 Battlefield Pkway, Ft Oglethorpe
- 96 Fazoli's 3016 Battlefield Pkwy, Ft Oglethorpe
- 91 Wendy's 5872 Alabama Hwy. Ringgold
- 92 Waffle House, 5411 Highway 151, Ringgold
- 96 National Healthcare Center 2403 Battlefield Pkwy, Ft Oglethorpe
- 86 Battlefield Campground and RV Park, 199 KOA Blvd, Ringgold
- 96 Canyon Grill, 28 Scenic Hwy, Rising Fawn
- 63 Cornerstone Restaurant, 4356 S. 11 Hwy BLDG, Rising Fawn
- No health inspections were reported
- 99 Taco Bell 15 Major James Clark Gordon Ave, Chickamauga
- 97 Huddle House Chickamauga, 14 Bushrod Johnson Ave, Chickamauga
- 95 McDonald's 1101 N Main St, LaFayette
- 97 Antioch Elementary School, 1819 Riverbend Rd, Dalton
- 85 Outback Steakhouse 955 Market St, Dalton
- 95 Gondolier Pizza 900 S Thornton Ave, Dalton
- 94 Jack's Family Restaurant 1202 N Glenwood Ave, Dalton
- 99 Marisco Puerto Vallarta 1205 S Thornton Ave, Dalton
- 96 Chef Lin 100 W Walnut Ave Ste 146, Dalton
- 91 Town Square Cafe 116 W King St, Dalton
- 87 Fortune Cookie, 801 E Walnut Ave Ste J, Dalton
- 100 Wood Dale Health Center 1102 Burleyson Rd, Dalton
- 94 Tacos To Go 807 N Hamilton St, Dalton
- 95 Checkers 1300 Glenwood Ave, Dalton
- 97 Zaxby's 352 Northgate Dr, Dalton
- 95 Cafe Ostro 240 Hamilton St, Dalton