A group of Chattanooga firefighters went the extra mile Friday afternoon.

Firefighters were called to a reported house fire in the 2400 block of Doolittle Street.

When they arrived, they quickly extinguished the blaze. They also kept the flames from getting into the home, a CFD spokesperson explained.

No one was hurt, and the cause was ruled accidental from cigarette butts that were not disposed of properly.

While on scene, firefighters learned that there were no working smoke alarms in the home, so firefighters installed them for them. They also installed smoke alarms in two neighboring houses that also needed them.

"That is going the extra mile. Well done guys!" a CFD spokesperson said.