Unattended candle blamed for house fire
An unattended candle is to blame for causing a residential fire Sunday night.
Chattanooga Fire Department responded to a house fire call around 10:30 p.m. at 4201 Tee Pee Drive.
According to Battalion Chief Nate Middlebrooks, the fire started in the living room where the resident said he had left an unattended candle burning in the space.
There was an estimated $30,000 is damages and no injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental.