No one injured in small fire at CHI Memorial Hospital
Chattanooga firefighters were called to a small fire in the cafeteria at CHI Memorial Hospital Saturday morning.
The call came in around 10:15 am.
A CHI Memorial spokesperson said a pizza machine caught fire, but employees were able to put out the fire using a fire extinguisher.
The fire department was called because the machine was still smoking.
No patients were impacted, and no one was injured, the CHI Memorial spokesperson added.
The cafeteria is open as normal, but a smoke smell is lingering.
The spokesperson added that the only real impact is that pizza will have to be made in the kitchen since the machine is no longer operational.