Mercedes-Benz Stadium will cut concession food prices, go cashless again in 2019
ATLANTA — Mercedes-Benz Stadium officials are doubling down on their 2017 plan of reasonable concession prices throughout the arena – covering all events on the remaining 2019 calendar.
On Monday, the AMB Group, founded by Atlanta Falcons/Atlanta United owner Arthur M. Blank, announced it would be cutting stadium food prices for a second time in three years.
Among the notable reductions:
- Hot dogs: $1.50 ... previous price: $2
- Chips and salsa: $2.50 ... previous price: $3
- Ice cream waffle cones: $4.50 ... previous price: $5
- Pretzel bites: $4.50 ... previous price: $5
- ATL Bud Burger: $7.50 ... previous price: $8
The innovations don't stop at lower food prices, however.
For United's home opener next Sunday, Mercedes-Benz Stadium will become the first Major League Soccer venue to implement a stadium-wide cashless transaction model for consumers, requiring debit/credit card or mobile payment for all transactions.
Read more of this story on WXIA's website.