Chattanooga Marathon road closures
The fourth annual Chattanooga Marathon is set to take place Sunday.
Several roads downtown will be closed during the race. Closures will begin at 7:00 am.
READ MORE | Organizers make changes to Chattanooga Marathon
Here are roads that will be impacted:
- Carter St. from W Main St to W 11th St. will be closed for mass start. CPD to open southbound Carter St. as last runner passes.
- W 11th St at Carter St (CLOSED)
- Chestnut St at W 11th St, and between W 13th St and W Main St. (CLOSED)
- W 13th from Chestnut Street to Carter St (CLOSED)
- Eastbound traffic on E MLK Blvd will be shifted to the center lane.
- Southbound Market St from W 11th St to W 20th St will be closed for mass start. CPD to open closures as last runner passes.
- Westbound traffic on W 20th St from Broad St to Market St. CPD to reopen after the last runner passes.
- Riverfront Pkwy. from Lindsay St. to Molly Lane (CLOSED)
- Barton Ave. ramp from Frazier Ave. (CLOSED)
- Right eastbound lane of Main St. between Riverfront Pkwy and Reggie White Blvd. (CLOSED)
- Right westbound lane/parking of Main St. from Holtzclaw Ave. to Chestnut St. (CLOSED)
All of the roads mentioned above are expected to reopen around 3:00 pm.
Drivers should also know that Reggie White Boulevard from 20th Street to Main Street is already closed. It will not reopen until around 5:00 pm Sunday.