Firefighters are fighting a quadruplex fire in Chattanooga.

The Highway 58 Volunteer Fire Department was called to the 8700 block of Millard Lee Lane just after 10:30 am Friday.

" Fire personnel conducted a quick interior search of the entire unit and reported no one was inside the 4 apartments," Amy Maxwell, of theHamilton County Office of Emergency Management, said.

The fire was caused by food left on the stove, Maxwell explained.

No one was injured, but the quadruplex was a total loss.

The fire displaced four adults and two children, and the Red Cross has been called to assist them.