Firefighters respond to fire at Ooltewah restaurant for 2nd time in three days
Chattanooga firefighters and the Tri-Community Volunteer firefighters were called to an Old Lee Highway restaurant for the second time in three days.
Late Tuesday night, firefighters responded to a fire at Couch's Barbecue.
When they arrived on scene, they found the fire in the smokehouse. A fire department spokesperson said, "the flames were beginning to get into the roof."
Firefighters were able to put the blaze out in under five minutes.
"The restaurant portion of the business was unaffected," a spokesperson said.
The fire caused minimal damage, and no one was injured.
Monday, firefighters responded to a shed fire behind the restaurant. No one was injured in that fire either.
Both fires are under investigation.