It's "National Pizza Day"
Pepperoni, cheese, everything, what do these three words have in common?
Pizza, and February 9 is "National Pizza Day".
No matter how you like your pizza with thin or thick crust, extra cheese, or even with anchovies, pizza is a favorite food among most Americans.
Did you know?
- Pepperoni is the most popular pizza at 36% of all pies ordered.
- Over 3 billion pizzas are sold in the USA each year. Add another 1 billion on frozen pizzas
- 17% of all US Restaurants are pizzerias.
- Antica Pizzeria, the first Pizzeria, opened in Naples, Italy, in 1738.
- Gennaro Lombardi, the first Pizzeria in the United States, opened in 1895 in New York City.
- Americans consume on average 23 pounds of pizza per person each year.