Walker Co. commissioner to host community forums in February
Walker County Commissioner Shannon Whitfield is inviting residents to share their thoughts about how county leaders can improve county services.
"Whitfield will host a series of community forums in February to discuss what’s working well today, along with goals and opportunities for the future," an event spokesperson said.
Ove the course of February, eight forums will take place in various communities.
All of the sessions will start at 6:00 pm.
“Over the past two years, community input has led to enhancements in fire protection, updates to ordinances regulating animals and alcohol, safety upgrades on Nickajack Road, clean-up of blighted property and our annual tire amnesty day, among other improvements,” Whitfield said. “I look forward to hearing about the topics important to folks in Walker County and their thoughts on how we can improve county services.”
Here is when and where the forums will take place:
- Monday, February 4 at Cedar Grove Community Center
- Tuesday, February 5 at Rossville Civic Center
- Monday, February 11 at Armuchee Valley Community Center
- Monday, February 18 at LaFayette-Walker County Library
- Tuesday, February 19 at Center Post Community Center
- Thursday, February 21 at Fairyland Elementary School
- Monday, February 25 at Mt. Pleasant Community Center
- Tuesday, February 26 at Chickamauga Civic Center
For more information, visit the Walker County Government website.