Whirpool refrigerator explodes inside Florida family's home
A West Palm Beach family is grateful to be alive after they say their refrigerator exploded inside their home Saturday morning.
The force was so powerful it caused significant damage in several rooms. Luckily a neighbor heard the explosion and ran inside to help the family get out safely.
“I was in my room I was asleep and I just heard the bang,” said Mark Ligondie.
Ligondie quickly ran from his bedroom to the kitchen where moments before his parents' refrigerator exploded.
“There were fumes coming everywhere,” said Ligondie.
He says the odor was so strong and that it made his eyes sting.
Read more from WPTV's website.