Family loses home to chimney fire on Christmas Day
A family is displaced after a fire Christmas morning that started in the chimney.
Dispatch received a report of a chimney fire just before 1 o'clock Tuesday afternoon.
When Tri-Community Volunteer Fire Department (VFD) arrived on the scene of Quail Mountain Drive, responders saw flames coming from the attic, roof, and side of the home.
The occupants managed to escape the house without injuries, but Hamilton County EMS was on the scene as a precautionary measure.
The fire caused approximately $45,000 in damage.