House fire on Hunt Drive apparently caused by dryer
Chattanooga firefighters say a dryer apparently caused a Christmas Eve house fire.
It happened around 4:40 pm in the 6500 block of Hunt Drive.
Fire officials say smoke was visible from the home when crews arrived.
Firefighters found the fire in the utility room of the home and quickly put it out.
No one was hurt.
Officials say the fire appears to have started in the exhaust system of the dryer.
Damages are estimated at $10,000.
The two people who live in the home will be staying with family until repairs are finished.