Gunbarrel Rd. Steak N Shake damaged in morning fire
Chattanooga firefighters had a busy Monday morning as they responded to a fire at the Steak N Shake at 2296 Gunbarrel Road.
Chattanooga Fire Dept. Battalion Chief Lesley Morgan was the first to arrive at the fast food restaurant about 4:00am and reported seeing fire near the outside wall near the front door.
READ MORE | Fire reported at motel under construction
Additional fire companies arrived shortly afterward and went into the exterior wall, extinguished the fire in about 15 minutes.
No injuries were reported.
CFD spokesman Bruce Garner says the cause of the fire will be ruled accidental.
Morgan said it's likely that a discarded cigarette caught the mulch on fire, and the flames then spread to the exterior wall.
The dollar loss was estimated at around $15,000.