Special event road closures for Thanksgiving week
Special events are taking place in the Scenic City throughout Thanksgiving week, and the Chattanooga Department of Transportation wants drivers to be informed about road closures.
Here is a look at closures to be prepared for:
Monday, November 19
- Grateful Chattanooga - E Martin Luther King Blvd. will be closed between Houston St and Lindsay St on November 19th from 9:00 am until 3:00 pm for the annual Grateful event. Detours will be posted.
Wednesday, November 21
- After Hours Event in West Village - W 8th Street between Pine Street and Chestnut Street will be closed on Wednesday, November 21st from 4:00 pm until 9:00 pm. This closure will be in effect each Wednesday evening through January 30th, 2019.
Thursday, November 22
- Grateful Gobbler - On Thursday, November 22nd, River Street between Renaissance Park and Coolidge Park will be closed. Market Street will be closed from Frazier Avenue to Martin Luther King Boulevard. The right lane on Cherokee Boulevard will also be closed from Manufacturers Road to Market Street.
- Sports Barn Turkey Trot - On Thursday, November 22nd, Van Ness Road will be closed between Lee Highway and Vance Road. In addition, there will be lane closures on Lee Hwy from Vance to Jubilee. Motorists are asked to watch for runners through nearby neighborhoods. Closures are from 7:00 am - 12:00 pm. The Sports Barn Turkey Trot is a Chattanooga Family Tradition which helps raise a large percentage of the funding for several patient programs offered by The Kidney Foundation of the Greater Chattanooga Area.
Friday, November 23
- West Village Out on 8th - W 8th Street between Pine Street and Chestnut Street will be closed on Friday, November 23rd from 2 pm until 8 am on Saturday, November 24th.
Saturday, November 24
- West Village Street Festivals - Pine Street between W 7th Street and W M.L. King Blvd, and W 8th Street between Pine Street and Chestnut Street will be closed from 8 am until midnight each Saturday through January 19, 2019.
- Hungry Turkey Half Marathon & 5K - On Saturday, November 24th, Tremont Street will be closed between River Street and the Blue Rhino, as well as lane closures on Veterans Bridge, E. 3rd Street and Walnut Street, from 4 a.m.-3 p.m. This half marathon and 5K benefits Chattanooga Sports Ministries, which seeks to transform the communities of at-risk youth through athletic engagement.
- Chattanooga Mocs Home Game - Reggie White Boulevard will be closed from the entrance to the pavilion parking lot to W 19th Street; W 19th Street will also be closed, from 5:00 am until 11:30 pm for the opening game of the Chattanooga Mocs. This closure will be in effect on: 8/30, 9/22, 10/6, 10/27, 11/10, 11/24, 12/1, 12/8, 12/15 for the 2018 season. Please note that there will be no street parking available on Chestnut Street from W 17th Street to W 19th Street starting at 5:00 am on the days of the home games.
For more information about road closures, visit CDOT's website.