Make Krystal's Signature Secret Stuffing for Thanksgiving
It's a Thanksgiving recipe that is near and dear to the heart of many Chattanoogans; Krystal's Signature Secret Stuffing.
Krystal was born in the Scenic City, and maintained their corporate headquarters here until they moved to Atlanta in 2013.
So - how about that recipe?
The tiny square hamburgers, long a popular staple in the South at virtually any time of day (think late-night college 'studying') form the central part.
Add some aromatics (onion, celery, thyme and sage) and a couple more ingredients, and you have something magical that our friends in the North can't touch.
Krystal's Signature Secret Stuffing
- 20 Krystal Burgers; no cheese, no pickles (PRO TIP: Get the 24-pack Steamer for a couple extra for the cook to enjoy!)
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 ½ tbsp sage
- 1 cup liquid margarine
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 ¼ cup liquid egg
- 2 cups ¼” diced celery
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 cups ¼” diced onion
Combine the following ingredients in a large mixing bowl, using a wire whisk:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Tear each burger (remember you ate four of them, so you should have 20) into six pieces and combine with the ingredients listed above
- Gently fold the burger pieces into the mixture using a rubber spatula (be careful not to over mix).
- Spray a 9×12 pan with non-stick spray.
- Pour stuffing mixture into the baking pan.
- Bake uncovered for 35-45 minutes. Note: Allow the stuffing to “rest” for 5 minutes before serving.
Source: Krystal Co.