UPDATE: Electrical fire shuts down Hixson Pike McDonald's, no one hurt
A fire at McDonald's across from Dupont Elementary on Friday afternoon has shut down the restaurant until repairs are made.
It happened around 2:20 pm in the 4100 block of Hixson Pike.
Chattanooga Fire Department spokesperson Bruce Garners says crews saw smoke coming from the building when they arrived at the scene, and the fire was found in an electrical box in the basement of the of restaurant.
No one was hurt.
Garner says the fire caused power outages for some customers and traffic lights in the surrounding area, which have since been repaired.
Garner says damage estimates are unknown at this time.
The restaurant will be closed until it is cleaned up and repairs are made to the electrical service.
Stay with the WRCB app for updates to this story.