A Red Bank homeowner is safe after a fire broke out on Sunday.

Red Bank firefighters said it happened at 6:30 p.m. on Old Trail. When firefighters arrived, they saw heavy smoke pouring out of the eaves and attic area.

They said the homeowner had been cooking in the kitchen when grease in the pan caught fire. She tried to put it out, but it did not work.

Portions of the home are severely damaged. Damages are estimated to be around $70,000.

No one was hurt. The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental.