Heavy rain, crashes impact roads
As a storm moved through the Tennessee Valley many roads were impacted by standing water and crashes. I-24 westbound is CLOSED as of 12:30 a.m.
7:00 a.m. UPDATE:
I-24 westbound has reopened.
The driver of the jack-knifed semi was taken to the hospital to be checked out. He's expected to be okay. Crews are working to clear the lanes, oil and fuel spilled but it should be cleaned up by rush hour.
Back Valley Road is still closed at this time.
- I-24 westbound at Seminole Drive is closed due to a jack-knifed semi. Lanes are closed. Crash is near Westside Drive.
- I-24 at Rossville Blvd may be impacted with some standing water. Please use caution. There was also an earlier crash on Rossville Blvd itself.
- Back Valley Road by Coleman Cemetery Road is blocked by a fallen tree. Power lines are down and across the road as well.
- 27 NB crash near Morrison Springs. No one is hurt.
- I-75 SB at Shallowford Road there is a disabled car.
- Large tree blocking both lanes at 9300 block of Thrasher Trail in Lakesite
- 600 block Lupton Drive tree down across road. Public Works is working on clearing this. It should be finished soon. This is near Sleepy Hollow.
- 2900 block Hixson Pike SB lane tree is in road. Be careful.
- Police are at Spring Place Road at Broomfield Road. A traffic light is out. This is not expected to be clear until 6 a.m.