HCSO provides travel tips for Labor Day travelers
Labor Day is only a few days away, and the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office wants to make sure you are safe while you enjoy the holiday weekend.
The sheriff's office has made a list of travel tips to keep you and your loved ones safe if you plan to stay in a hotel or motel.
- Do not answer the door to your guestroom without verifying who it is... If a person claims to be an employee, make sure you call the front desk and ask if one of their staff is supposed to be at your door and for what purpose.
- Keep your room key with you at all times and don't needlessly display it in public. If you should misplace it, make sure you notify the hotel/motel staff immediately.
- Close your door securely whenever you are in your room and use all the locking devices provided.
- Check to see all sliding doors and balcony exits are locked and never invite strangers into your hotel/motel room.
- Pay all bills at the front desk with a legitimate hotel/motel employee.
- Place all valuables in your hotel/motel safe when not in use.
- Never leave a firearm or computer unattended in your hotel room.
- Attempt to park in well-lighted areas of the parking lot.
- Know where your nearest hotel/motel exit is in case of emergency. If you see suspicious activity, notify your hotel/motel staff or call 911.