Fire breaks out at famous motel where 'My Cousin Vinny' was filmed
EATONTON, Ga. -- More than 20 years ago, it was the used as part of the set for the famous movie 'My Cousin Vinny.'
Now the new owners of the General Putnam Motel in Eatonton are trying to recover from a fire.
Eatonton Fire Chief Eugene Hubert tells 11Alive they received a call around 1:30 p.m. Sunday about the fire. Putnam County firefighters also assisted with putting out the flames.
They were able to get things under control by 5:30 p.m. Four motel rooms and a laundry room were heavily damaged.
Investigators believe the flames might have been sparked by an electrical malfunction. A representative from the State Fire Marshal's Office came to the scene Monday. They tell us the fire was accidental and started in the attic.
Read more from WXIA's website.