Kitchen fire leaves Hamilton County home damaged
A Monday night kitchen fire left a Hamilton County home seriously damaged.
About 9:00pm, the Tri-Community Volunteer Fire Department responded to a house fire in the 5500 block of Ginkgo Road near Ooltewah, according to Hamilton County EMA spokesman Amy Maxwell.
The home's occupants were able to safely escape, but firefighters had to rescue a cat from the home's second floor.
The home's damage was estimated to be about $40,000 from the fire, which has been ruled as accidental.