Drake and Vetten Win the Hanks Carpet 2018 CBA Night Bass Event
CHATTANOOGA (WRCB) - The team of Kevin Drake and Corey Vettten caught a 5 bass limit weighing 40.26 pounds topping out the field of 90 anglers to win first place and $2,000.00 in the Hanks Carpet Chattanooga Bass Association night Tournament. This night tournament was held Saturday, July 27th, 2018 out of Chester Frost Boat Ramp.
Cory said “We started out slow not catching our first fish until 10:30 p.m. By midnight we had about 18 pounds. Then around 2 a.m. we started catching 8, 9, and 10 pounders . This is our 3rd win of the season”.
Big fish of this event was caught by Kevin Drake, a beast of a large mouth weighing10.86 pounds. Second big bass of the day was caught by Seth Davis weighing 10.37 pounds.
All fish caught in this event were released back into Lake Chickamauga and special thanks to the fishermen for taking such good care of their catches in this event.
Chattanooga Bass Association President, Jamie Copenhaver, said “Thanks to all our sponsors for their much appreciated support for this 2018 season”.
The top 8 money winners are as follows:
- Kevin Drake and Cory Vetten 40.261 lbs. $2000
- Baron Adams and Trevor Prince 34.15 lbs. $650
- Seth Davis and Brent Butler 33.73 lbs. $500.00
- Robbie McGill and Wade Kilgore 28.45 lbs,$ 400
- Chuck James and Brad James 27.52 lbs. $300
- John Talton and Tracy Harden 25.52 lbs. $250
- Galen James and Tony Townsend 24.56 lbs. $300
- Buddy Gross and Jett Loach 23.72 lbs. $150
The next CBA event will be held August 11th, 2018 out of Chester Frost Park.
For more info visit: www.cbatournament.com