UPDATE: A celebration of life memorial for a local woman who was killed in a boat explosion in the Bahamas earlier this month.

A wake will be held for Maleka Grimes Jackson on Friday, July 20 from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. at Olivet Baptist Church.

The funeral will be held at noon on Saturday at Olivet Baptist.

Maleka Jackson and her husband were celebrating their 15th wedding anniversary during a trip to the Bahamas when the explosion happened.

Maleka's husband, Tiran, survived the explosion. He was sent to a Florida hospital where he required multiple surgeries.

Stay with the WRCB app for updates to this story.

PREVIOUS UPDATE: The family of Maleka and Tiran Jackson tells Channel 3 the body of Maleka is currently being autopsied. They are waiting for an update from the coroner.

They tell Channel 3 due to the holiday the police investigation and transporting the body back to the United States will be put on hold.

Tiran had surgery earlier this week. Doctors had to amputate one of his legs from the knee down. He will still need other surgeries for his other leg and body.

Maleka Jackson and her husband were on their 15th wedding anniversary trip to the Bahamas last weekend when tragedy struck.

Jackson’s father, Malvin Grimes, said the two took an anniversary trip every year and traveled regularly, but he never expected she wouldn't come home.

"They did a lot of traveling. She traveled pretty extensively with her job and even after that internationally,” Grimes explained. “Between the two of them, I can say they've been to China, Japan, parts of South America..."

But this trip, Grimes got a phone call telling him there was a boating accident and his daughter and her husband were injured. 

"There was of course always holding out for hope that they had both survived, would be ok," Grimes recalled. 

Jackson and her husband were on a boat in the Bahamas when there was an explosion. Jackson did not survive, and her husband is still in the hospital. It's a reality that's hard to handle, but Grimes said he's leaning on faith. 

"We have her life forever. And even though she will not be here with us physically, we can always hold on to everything that she was," Grimes said. 

He said the hardest part was telling Jackson's 12-year-old son, Cameron. When Cameron heard the news, he dropped the phone, but the strength that followed showed Malvin how much his grandson is like his mother. 

"He understood that if these things happen, that God is still in control and that he knows his mother is all right,” Grimes said. “He felt that we would be alright. That within itself gave us a great degree of comfort.”

Even now, just after learning about his daughter's passing, Grimes still talks about his daughter with a smile. 

He is focusing on the good memories Maleka left behind. 

"She lived a full life,” Grimes said, “Full in that it could overflow toward others.”

Jackson's mother also sent a statement to Channel 3 saying her daughter was a "God-fearing woman."

Tyrane, Jackson's husband, is still recovering in a hospital in South Florida. The family is trying to plan a visit to see him.

Stay with the WRCB app for updates to this story. 

PREVIOUS STORY: One person is dead and nine others were airlifted to hospitals in Florida and the Bahamas after a boat exploded on Saturday, according to the U.S. Coast Guard and Royal Bahamas Police Force.

Shanta Knowles, superintendent of police for the Royal Bahamas Police Force, confirmed to NBC News that an American woman died in the explosion, but said her identity would not be released until her family had been notified.

Ten Americans and two Bahamians were aboard the boat when it exploded, according to officials.

Four people were airlifted to a hospital in Florida and five others were taken to Princess Margaret Hospital in Nassau, on New Providence Island, Bahamas, Knowles said. Two others who were aboard the boat were not injured, Knowles said.

"Investigators are still trying to determine what went wrong," Knowles said of the explosion.

Brian Schaffer told NBC News his niece Stefanie Schaffer, 22, was among those injured in the explosion. He said his niece, who has participated in ballet and sports her entire life, had both of her legs amputated below the knee after the explosion.

"We heard she is in a medically-induced coma, and I don't think she knows that she doesn't have any legs left," Brian Schaffer said, adding that doctors are waiting for the 22-year-old to stabilize before flying her to the United States.

Stefanie' Schaffer's sister, mother and stepfather, who were with her at the time of the explosion, sustained non-life-threatening injuries, according to a GoFundMe page set up for the family's medical expenses.

The U.S. Coast Guard's seventh district, which encompasses Florida and is headquartered in Miami, received a call from the Royal Bahamas Police Force at approximately 11 a.m. on Saturday asking for assistance with those injured in the explosion, according to a press release.

A HC-130 Hercules airplane crew with two medical personnel from Air Station Clearwater deployed and transported the boaters to the air station where emergency medical services awaited.

Names and conditions of the other passengers have not been released. An investigation into what caused the explosion is ongoing.