The family of a 91-year-old Trenton man says he was injured during a gas explosion inside his home Tuesday night.

The incident was reported shortly after 9:00 p.m. at 2144 Walls Circle.

The family of 91-year-old R.T. Patton says his hands were burned and he was taken to Erlanger for treatment.

Patton's son-in-law, Jim Reeves, tells Channel 3, Patton had been working on gas heaters earlier in the day.

The explosion blew out several walls of the home.

"When you look inside, you wonder how anyone could have survived it," Reeves says.

Damage estimates are unknown.

Stay with for updates to this story.