No failing grades, mostly high scores this week
Good news if you’re planning to eat out this weekend, we don’t have any failures to report in this week’s Restaurant Report Card. Anything below a 70 is a failing grade and the lowest score in Hamilton County is an 82.
Good news if you’re planning to eat out this weekend, we don’t have any failures to report in this week’s Restaurant Report Card.
Anything below a 70 is a failing grade and the lowest score in Hamilton County is an 82. That score was found at the Subway on Brainerd Road in Chattanooga.
The inspector found chilled chicken that was too warm and noted the restaurant didn’t have a thermometer in the cooler to help employees properly gauge the temperature. The hand sink also didn’t have any paper towels.
The Big Table on Cross Street in Chattanooga, which came close to failing last week with a score of 71, did much better on its follow-up inspection. Employees corrected the critical violations and the restaurant earned a 94.
Restaurants in north Georgia also fared well with no failures and several high scores.
Several restaurants across the area pulled off the impressive feat of earning a perfect score of 100. Congratulations to the following restaurants:
- Dinner on the Diner on Cromwell Road in Chattanooga
- 58 BBQ Express on Harrison Bay Road in Harrison, Tn.
- Lake Winnepesauka’s food stands at the water park in Rossville, Ga.
- Rollin’ in the Dough-Nuts on Direct Connection Drive in Rossville, Ga.
- Taco Bell on North Third Avenue in Chatsworth, Ga.
- Tempting Tiki Extreme Shaved Ice on Smyrna Ramhurst Road in Chatsworth, Ga.
- Camp Lookout, Inc. on Highway 157 in Rising Fawn, Ga.
- Camp Woodmont on Moonlight Drive in Cloudland, Ga.
- City of Rossville Food Service on McFarland Avenue in Rossville, Ga.
- El Tecitoo on Walnut Street in Dalton, Ga.
If you’re in Hamilton County and you have a complaint about a pool, restaurant, health care facility, daycare or workout facility, call the Hamilton County Health Department Hot Line at (423) 209-8110.