UPDATE: Dewayne Ray Burns is now in custody in Moblile, Alabama and awaiting extradition back to Fort Oglethorpe, GA.

Burns was captured by the U.S. Marshals.

UPDATE: Channel 3 has learned that two Fort Oglethorpe police officers fired shots during the early Friday morning chase. 

The suspect, who has been identified as Dewayne Ray Burns, did not return fire. Police are not sure if Burns is armed or dangerous at this time says Fort Oglethorpe Police Chief David Eubanks.

National Park Rangers re-opened all roads in Chickamauga at 10:00 a.m. They are asking the public to continued to "be aware" as the suspect has not yet been found.

"If he got on a road, he could've found his way out. If he stayed in the wooded area, it would've taken a bit longer just because of the underbrush and growth that we have," says Todd Roeder, Chief Ranger of Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is leading the investigation.

Eubanks and other officials are unsure if Burns is armed but GBI agents did retrieve a shotgun and a handgun from the crashed car early Friday morning.

PREVIOUS STORY: A manhunt is underway at the Chickamauga Battlefield for a man who crashed a car following a high-speed chase.

Officials say the car chase between the individual and the Fort Oglethorpe Police began around 1:15 a.m. Friday morning.

The man crashed at Dyer Rd. and Lafayette Rd., before exiting the car and running.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is now on scene, along with a number of other law enforcement officials.

GBI officers have retrieved a shotgun and a handgun from the vehicle.

Officials are unsure where the individual is at this time, but will begin a thorough search through the woods once the sun rises.

Lafayette Rd. was initially closed down, but it has since been reopened.

Officials are patrolling roadways and advise runners and other individuals to stay away from the area until it is deemed safe.

Stay with Channel 3 for the latest on this developing story.