UPDATE: Randall Lockhart, the man who was severely burned in a house fire last week has died from his injuries. 

Lockhart passed away Monday evening.   His wife Candy who was also in the fire passed away last week. 

A burial plot was donated to the family for Candy.  An empty plot is next to it but the family must purchase it.   If you would like to help the family monetary donations are being taken at First Tennessee Bank.  

UPDATE:  Those caring for the children are in need of clothing and other items.  

The family's church is holding a donation drive for them Friday.  

They are in need of children's clothes, and monetary items, the family did not have insurance.  The oldest girl wears size 8-10 pants, and 3 1/2 or 4 shoes.  The youngest girl wears 8-9 pants, and 3 1/2 shoes.  Please no clothing items with buttons or zippers for her.  The little boy wears size 6-7 pants,  and size 2 1/2 or 3 shoes.

The family's church, One Accord Community Church is located at 343 Sweetland Drive in Red Bank.

The church donation drive will be from 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.

PREVIOUS STORY: Randall Lockhart's condition is improving. He's the father in Wednesday's deadly house fire.
The couple's three children ran out of the house while flames engulfed it, trapping Randall and his wife, Candy, inside.

She did not survive her injuries. Randall's condition was raised from very critical to critical.

He was flown to Vanderbilt Medical Center's Burn Unit in Nashville.

The fire may have started from papers sitting too close to a heater inside the home, but investigators have not yet officially ruled that as the cause. 

Those caring for the children are in need of clothing and other items. 
PREVIOUS STORY: The mother who died in the house fire on Houser St. was only 35 years old. Her husband is in critical condition after being airlifted to Vanderbilt Medical Center's burn unit in Nashville.

Several sources say the fire may have started from papers sitting too close to a heater inside the home.

The call came in at 10:13 Wednesday morning, after a neighbor noticed a house in the 200 block of Houser St. was on fire and two adults were trapped inside.

By the time fire trucks arrived on the scene, the house was fully engulfed in flames.

Firefighters were able to enter through a door and located the two adults. Crews tried resuscitating them before ambulances rushed them to Erlanger.

Officials say it's been a tough week for Chattanooga firefighters. Some of the same firefighters who responded to the fire on Houser St. also fought the fatal house fire in Hixson on Monday.

"But family members and people that know them are suffering the worst experiences of their lives right now, and certainly right here during the holidays makes it that much harder," said CFD spokesperson Bruce Garner.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and we hope the people that were transported to the hospital will pull through," he said shortly after the fire was extinguished on Wednesday.

UPDATE: Candy Lockhart, the mother in this morning's house fire, has passed away.

UPDATE: Chattanooga fire sources confirm the victims of the house fire Wednesday morning on House Street in North Chattanooga are the Lockhart family.

Randall and Candy Lockhart were flown to Vanderbilt Burn Unit Wednesday afternoon.

Children are expected to be released from Children's Hospital Wednesday night into the custody of other relatives.

At this time, it appears papers placed too close to a space heater caused the fire.

UPDATE: Two parents were pulled from a burning home Wednesday morning and are in critical condition after a house fire Wednesday morning on Houser Street in North Chattanooga.

Firefighters carried both adults, a man and woman, out of the burning house; both appeared to be suffering from severe burns and smoke inhalation according to the Chattanooga Fire Department.

CPR was started on the woman who was not breathing.

Both were rushed to Erlanger Medical Center and are expected to be flown to the burn unit at Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville.

Firefighters battled the blaze, which fully engulfed the home.

Neighbor Brandon Nolan saw the house catch fire.

He told Channel 3 that he ran to the burning house to help and pull the man from the home, but he was too heavy to drag out through the window.

Three children inside the home escaped the fire and ran to their grandmother's house nearby to get help; two of the children were taken to area hospitals. The third child appeared to be uninjured.

There's no word yet on how the fire started and it is under investigation.

Earlier this week, a house fire in Hixson claimed one woman's life and was the first fire-related fatality of 2014.