Students gathered at the UTC campus Saturday morning
to share stories and offer each other a shoulder to cry on after learning about the death of Ronald Farrell Jr. UTC organized the meeting and had counselors available to help students cope with the loss.

Several close friends cried and shared how they are shocked, Farrell is gone. Students that knew the 20-year-old best say , the senior had a bright future and was looking forward to an internship at Power 94.

There wasn't a dry eye in sight during the gathering to remember the Memphis native that was found dead inside his dorm apartment Friday afternoon.

Chattanooga Police do not suspect foul play was involved. The cause of death is still under investigation.

A number of students and faculty members are grieving after a student was found unresponsive in his dorm apartment Friday afternoon.

Police spokesman Tim McFarland says 20-year old Ronald Farrell, Jr. was found inside the Walker Apartments.
Investigators say there are no signs of foul play and believe it may have been due to medical causes.

Channel 3 spoke to Farrell's adviser, Nicole Brown, she says the senior was known by friends as 'Big Ron' and was looking forward to an internship he had lined up at Power 94 for the summer.

Brown says the Memphis native was a great person and student, who will be missed.

PREVIOUS STORY: Chattanooga police have confirmed to Channel 3 that upon their arrival at the UTC campus Friday afternoon, that officers discovered Ronald Farrell Jr., a student at UTC, deceased inside his apartment. 

Investigators found no signs of suspicious activity or foul play and believe it is possibly due to medical causes. 

The investigation is ongoing and more information will be released when available.

Chattanooga police are on the UTC campus, investigating a possible death in a campus dorm apartment.

The call came in a little after 230 Friday afternoon for an unresponsive person in one of the upfloor residences at the Walker apartments.

Witnesses say a responding ambulance arrived and soon left without transporting a patient.

UTC spokesperson Chuck Cantrell is deferring all comment to the Chattanooga Police Department, saying it is a police investigation at this point.


When we hear from the Chattanooga Police Department, we'll bring you more details..