Small fire leads to hospital evacuation
CHATTANOOGA, TN (WRCB) -- A small fire at a construction site on DeSales Avenue causes an evacuation at Memorial Hospital.
Fire officials say workers were using cutting torches to remove temporary walkway to the second floor of the Chattanooga Heart Institute when a rubber gasket caught fire.
The smoke from the fire drifted into the building and set off smoke alarms.
Staff evacuated 28 patients to other parts of the building.
Construction workers used fire extinguishers to put out the fire and firefighters vented the building with fans.
No one was injured.