UT survey leads to "improvements" at Neyland Stadium
KNOXVILLE, TN. (WRCB) – The University of Tennessee at Knoxville has made some upgrades to Neyland Stadium in time for the first home game of the season.
The athletics department says these gameday improvements were suggestions from fans and supporters, following a survey by an associate professor in the Sports Management program.
The improvements include the following:
- New flat-screen TVs will replace the box sets in the lower level of Neyland Stadium.
- New installations at Neyland Stadium will increase cell phone capacity and give fans a much stronger wireless signal.
- Neyland Stadium will have increased locations of family restrooms with changing tables.
- During the course of the season lighting improvements will take place in the east sideline and south endzone concourses.
- Concession items at Neyland Stadium will now come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- "You Are Here" maps will be displayed throughout Neyland Stadium.
- The addition of Tailgate Tennessee at Humanities Plaza offers a new area for pregame fun for Vols fans.
Fans can take advantage of these new improvements beginning September 8, when the Vols take on Georgia State at 4:00 p.m.