Another scorcher expected today
CHATTANOOGA (WRCB) – Though we may see a thunderstorm or two in the afternoons, heat and humidity continue to be the weather story in the Tennessee Valley through the rest of the week.
Look for highs through Thursday to reach the mid to upper 90s.
The heat index (or feels like temperature) will reach 100-105 each afternoon.
We will "cool" back down to a more tolerable 90 degrees by the weekend. That is the normal for this time of the year.
Please stay safe! Here are some tips:
- Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside.
- When possible, reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening.
- Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when possible and drink plenty of water.
- Check up on relatives and neighbors.
- Absolutely do not leave children or pets unattended in vehicles!
- To reduce risk during outdoor work the Occupational Safety and Health Administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments.
- Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location.
- Heat stroke is an emergency...CALL 911.
We have several ways to keep you informed. You can track pop-up showers and zoom right to your neighborhood on the iRadar.
Search "WRCB" for free local weather apps on iPhone, iPad and Droid. Other mobile devices can use m.WRCBtv.com.
If you see weather problems and it is safe to do so, send a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.