Crews battle chicken house fire for three hours in Polk County
It took about three hours to put out a large fire at a chicken house in Polk County Friday.
The Polk County fire chief tells Channel 3 about 20,000 chickens were inside the structure on Mountain View Road when it happened.
The fire chief said about half of the structure was on fire when they arrived on scene and it took about three hours to get it out.
Firefighters believe the fire was caused by an electrical panel.
No one was hurt in the fire but some chickens did not make it due to smoke inhalation.
The fire chief said the owners of the property are in the process of trying to move the chickens to another facility nearby.
Englewood Fire Department and Etowah Fire Department assisted in the fire.
Bradley County Fire Department and East Polk Fire and Rescue were on standby.