Parade donor irked by Kid Rock's ouster won't sue for refund
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - A Nashville Christmas parade sponsor who was irked when organizers booted Kid Rock as grand marshal says he won't sue to reclaim his $250,000 donation.
In Monday's statement, Tootsies Orchid Lounge owner Steve Smith said he's happy the money is benefiting a great cause in the Vanderbilt Children's Hospital and hopes to keep supporting the hospital and parade.
His attorney previously said the lawsuit was under consideration.
Kid Rock was ousted from Saturday's parade after calling Joy Behar an expletive during a "Fox & Friends" interview Friday.
Some parade organizers, Piedmont Natural Gas, Vanderbilt Children's Hospital and Tennessee Holiday Productions, announced Kid Rock's removal and his replacement, Waffle House shooting hero James Shaw Jr.
Smith owns several bars that were sponsors, including an establishment where Kid Rock is a partner.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.